Have you ever had a heart attack or stroke?, do you have poor circulation?
Participating in a clinical study can improve future treatment options for you and other people with cardiovascular diseases
Research has shown that treatment with semaglutide may reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack in people with type 2 diabetes. In a study called SELECT, we will check to see if semaglutide reduce the risk of cardiovascular events such as heart attack and stroke in people with overweight or obesity.
You may qualify to participate in the SELECT study if:
- You have had a brain attack (stroke), or heart attack (myocardial infarction), or have poor circulation (peripheral arterial disease).
- You are 45 years old or older.
- You are living with overweight or obesity.
- You are able to attend regular clinic visits and receive phone calls over a period 3-5 years.
If you qualified to participate the following would be provided at no cost to you:
- Study-related care, including regular health check-ups.
- General talks with a dedicated team of doctors and nurses.
- Guidance on healthy lifestyle choices.